Tag Archives: thanksgiving
I decided to list the things I am thankful for so in no particular order……
- A Job. Three years ago the day before Thanksgiving, C-Dub got laid off and a year later, I got laid off too.. Now we’re both employed.
- Pookah. Three years ago the day before Thanksgiving, I found out that I had miscarried. Now, look at my baby. He’s about to turn two..
- My House. Lots of people in this housing crisis have lost their houses. I’m thankful that we not only managed to keep our house through unemployment, one spouse working and all that that involves, but we also managed to refinance somehow.
- My Family. I love my family. They are my rock. They are my backbone.
- My Blog: This blog has really given me the outlet that I’ve needed the last few years. It’s helped me find friends all over the country( and Canada) and led to me rediscovering that I love Photography. It’s amazing this blogging community. I’m soooo thankful.
- My Husband: Yes I whine. Yes I bitch. Yes I complain. But I love that man. And I know he loves me. At the end of the day, there is something so calming about that. It cancels everything else out.
That’s my list and I’m sticking to it! What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Today I am soooooooooo thankful!
Last year, I gave birth to my precious Pookah on Thanksgiving.
I am thankful everyday for the joy, the excitment, the love that he brings to my life.
I am thankful for my new job. Yes, I will have to sacrifice my weekends for a while. But I have a plan, and I am grateful for the opportunity.
I am thankful for my husband. Even though sometimes he works my last nerve, I love every inch of him. He is the yin to my yang.
I am thankful for friends. IRL and my bloggy friends. I never knew that I could be such wonderful friends with women who I have never met.
I am thankful, thankful thankful.
Pookah seemed to do better yesterday. We only had two instances of bad diarrhea yesterday, and he tolerated all bottles with no pedialyte in them. All had the probiotic in them.
He still won’t eat regular food though. I hope that this too shall pass.
On the other hand, I applied at work for a full time position. How am I going to manage that you ask? Hell if I know, but we need the money. The problem is, someone else applied too. How is my manager going to decide?
My Pookah’s birthday is EXACTLY one week from today.
We are getting his hair cut for the first time this weekend. That stuff is wild!
My hair……..my hair………Lord the Fuzz!!!!!!!!!!
Harry Potter comes out today.
But I can’t see it until Monday when the Pookah is at daycare.
I haven’t even begun to shop for food for Thanksgiving.
QVC has that Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer on easy pay……6 easy payments…………I want it in Gloss Cinnamon………..
I haven’t exercised at ALL this week.
And I’ve eaten pretty bad.
Well, off to sleep because I have to wake up and do it again tonight.
It’s Monday and it’s time for Monday Randomness……
- Vacation:It rained. We hadn’t seen rain in over a month and it chose to rain when I go to the beach. Well, at least I didn’t have to put on a bathing suit.
- Speaking of bathing suits, why was I (with my little c-section pooch and thicker thighs) the only one concerned about putting on a bathing suit. Because obviously, the women who weighed 250 pounds and over had NO problem putting on one. And strutting freely up and down the beach. With bellies( yes, bellies) hanging out. Maybe it’s a self esteem issue? A love yourself as you are issue??????
- Which leads me to: Atlanta. Full of overweight women…stuffed into sized 6 clothes. I am soooo happy summer is over because I am soooo tired of seeing large, overweight teenagers/young adults in torn daisy dukes. Ass hanging out of the bottom and double muffin tops hanging over the top. Or, just unbuttoned. Everything was hanging out. SMH. Really? REALLY? And I seem to be the only one that has a problem with this…..
- Which leads me to ask:is the obesity epidemic so widespread that fat women squeezed into daisy dukes is the new normal?
- Which leads me to say, I am glad for once in my life that it’s fall. Time to cover up until I can get this weight off. It’s boots and cute coat weather. Sweater and jeans weather.
- And since fall is here, and October, that means the Holiday season is right around the corner! Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! With the addition of Pookahs birthday the day after Thanksgiving, this has just become “the most wonderful time of the year……” ( in my Johnny Mathis singing voice).
- Finally, I know I’m late, but have you heard Ceelo’s new song “F**k You”? Hilarious people. Just hilarious.
Stay tuned for next weeks episode…..