Tag Archives: pookah sickies
My week has been BUSY.
It started off with the Pookah being sick on Monday. And me struggling. I won’t bore you with a recap.
Tuesday: It was a beautiful day! I spent all morning frantically cleaning with a clingy baby. But Pookah was feeling better, so I took him to the park for a while to get some fresh air. (ie the photo above). My parents arrived. Life was good. I even decided that after my wild weekend at work, that I deserved a day off. I called into work. C-Dub was so surprised he choked on his tea. I NEVER call into work. Sigh. But I was brain dead. I needed a break.
Wednesday: The boy was much improved, but I still kept him home from school. I wanted him to be well rested before he returned to the land of the germs. Plus, that gave my parents extra time with him. I had forgotten what it was like to have Pookah around all day long for several days in a row. God Bless his daycare teacher. He is a handful. I also finally started on my assignments for the photography class I’m taking with Faith over at Simplicity-My life in Mostly Photos….I’m loving learning more about my camera and how to shoot in manual. I can’t wait for the feedback.
And Steve Jobs died. Sigh.
Thursday: Pookah went back to school and I spent the morning cleaning out his chest of drawers and his closet. My GOD that boy has too many damn clothes….and I keep buying. I also got a NAP. WOW. I love naps….I should take one every day………
Friday: Today will be my run around day. I need new tires. I should go grocery shoppin. I need to order my business cards for Blogalicious. I need to finish up my photography assignments , and I need to start shopping for Blogalicious. I need fall clothes! And I should really work on my blog some. I’ve got some ideas…….
Anyway! That’s what I’ve been up to. Just life!
- Did you see The VMA’s? Hell, I was at work and knew I had to catch as much as I could. Beyonce did that thang! And showed off that little baby belly to boot. I’m happy for her. But what made me even happier was the look on Jay ‘s face. All of those folks who thought everyone was making a big deal about it this is why :That look on his face was pure JOY. LOVE folks! I don’t care what you say. It’s so rare to see BLACK men on television or in real life HAPPY about the fact that their WIFE is pregnant…..*getting off of my soap box now*
- Pookah was pretty much over his sickies this morning. But not after being rushed to the dr yesterday when I got home and discovered how bad he was breathing. When I listened with my stethoscope, he sounded like his lungs were swimming. He got a breathing treatment and was much better. Until later on when a fever reappeared. But he slept through the night. And woke up this morning OK. So I sent him to daycare. And left my mommy guilt right there at the door. Along with my cell phone number.
- And cleaned the hell out of my kitchen this morning while rocking out to Run the World. The song improves when you are singing it at the top of your lungs while moping the floor.
- After I’m done with this post, I’m about to take me a nap. I’m talking a nap when I’m not worried that “I’d better go now before the boy wakes up.”
- And then I’m going to take a long shower and shave my damn legs.
- Oh, I booked all of my stuff for Blogalicous. I found a cheaper(but not by much) hotel right across the street from the hotel the conference is in. And I caught a sale on Airtran and got out tickets for $69 each way( Pookah still free on my lap). AND got my rental car on the cheap from yet another discount from my Airtran rewards.
- But even after I spent that money, the angels smiled and my sister in law dropped off a check to cover daycare, full time, $195 a week for a month. I almost fell off the sofa when she wrote the check. But I LOOOOOOVE HEEEER.
So Pookah was sick this weekend. Ironic because most likely he won’t be able to go to daycare in the morning or maybe at all this week. This was supposed to be his first week of full time daycare. i already paid!!! *crying*And I had all of these grands plans of what I was going to do with all of my free time this week. Yeah, I wrote it down! I made a schedule. I felt energized! Finally getting it together I thought. Yeah. I make plans, God Laughs. But seriously, this always happens. Not that I’m blaming Pookah. Poor thing probably picked up some daycare bug. Poor baby. It started Friday when we picked him up from daycare on our way to dinner for our anniversary he was already not feeling good. Baby+ semi fancy restaurant=disaster. Needless to say, I didn’t enjoy my anniversary dinner at all. But, what can I say? The experience did lead me to sign up for care.com so I can find us a babysitter. Cause I mean, really. I didn’t want to even go once I saw he was sick, but C-Dub was like he’s fine! Lesson #2: never go against Mommy instincts. I know my child is cranky when he is sick and taking to him to a restaurant is iffy under normal circumstances. But C-Dub doesn’t think like that soooo…. But anyhoo, takeaway…need babysitter. Soon.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at allthingsfadra.com
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.