Tag Archives: blogging
Happy New Year everyone!
I’m just stopping in to give a little update! I am deep deep in boxes over here, so I haven’t had much time, or anytime rather, to blog!
However, I have been taking photos.
I am going to restart a 365 this year. So that means that I will be taking a photo a day around here. Don’t worry, I won’t post a photo everyday. Rather, once a week, you will get a post full of the photos of that week. Because frankly, I just don’t have the time or the energy to upload daily.
This blog will be basically the same, no grand plans for the new year. Although, it will become clear that I’m taking photography and writing a little bit more seriously. I finally decided that even though I will never be Dooce, Scary Mommy, or the Pioneer Woman in terms of blogging, I will continue to carve out my little corner here on the internet.
And my corner is about my life.
And the Photos of my life, and the stories about my life. I figure, you guys are reading so it must be interesting. And besides, I really just like having an online journal of what we are going through.
Posting might be a bit more sporadic than before though.
Because another thing that I have concluded is that I find myself sometimes forgetting to live life outside of the internet. I was getting so caught up in growing this blog and promoting this blog etc etc until I forgot to LIVE outside of this blog. I sat down and thought: when was the last time I just sat and read a book? When was the last time I went all day without being online? When was the last time I sat at Starbucks and just enjoyed my coffee with a good magazine? When was the last time I went on a photowalk? When was the last time I just window shopped for goodness sake?
This year is about getting back to that. It’s about getting back to my life.
Yes, I’ll still be blogging.
But my emphases on blogging is different. Instead of blogging to make money, or blogging to get out there, I will be blogging to document. Because I think my life is worth documenting. I want to be able to look back and see my progress, my struggles, my joys and my pains. I want to see the photos of my boy. Of me.
Now don’t get me wrong, if someone wants to pay me in the process, I’M SO DOWN! And I will still be participating in various projects around the web.
But it won’t be my LIFE.
So, I’ll see you guys soon.
Nablopomo Day 12: today’s topic: What’s your favorite place to blog?
What I love about blogging, is that you can do it anywhere. And I do! Whether it’s at my wanna be desk in the playroom, a folding tray in the den, on my iPad, on my iPhone or even in my bed. But my absolute favorite place to blog is at the Starbucks near Pookah’s school. It’s got ambiance, great music, terrific light and my beloved Starbucks coffee! I love that I can’t get distracted there by the TV, laundry, or other things I need to do in the house.
I love writing there because it makes me feel like I’m a writer. Why? I don’t know. I suppose it fits an image in my head of where a writer goes to write if not at home. I can bang out post after post sitting in Starbucks while sitting on a Soy Vanilla Latte. Maybe it’s the access to continuous caffeine and those wonderful scones? I haven’t written at Starbucks in a while. Maybe I’ll go back this week……
Hey it’s Friday, and I’m late posting, but I had something to do! LOL
First, random Pookah photo…..
Just a few things:
- I’ll be going back to blogging about 3 days a week now. I’m not a five-day a week girl and I know it. But I admit to trying to keep up with the Jones’ after BlogHer. But umm, noooo. It’s not gonna happen around here.
- After my last run, I decided to just rest my knee before I seriously hurt something. On a suggestion from a few of my readers, I googled a few stretches and realized that my oh so expensive and specially fitted new running shoes are probably part of the problem. I never had issues in my old trusty dusty New Balances. I’ll be making a trip back to the running store to talk to them about this.
- C-Dub’s birthday is tomorrow His wish? A day with his family and dinner at one of his favorite restaurants WITH Pookah and church the next day. Oh, and a trip to the golf store for a new club. SMH.
- I went to Pookah’s school this morning for Mom’s Day. I took my camera but forgot my memory card. . Oh well, at least I had my iPhone.
- Work was so bad on Wednesday, I almost quit on the spot. Almost.
- Oh real estate agent is sending us houses. In an area of the suburbs that I had never thought of. One in an exclusive school district. It’s a smaller house, but…..
- I’ve only lost 1 pound this week. But at least it’s not a gain.
- It’s time to start thinking about a new lens for Christmas. I’m debating between Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras* and Canon EF 35mm f/2 Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras*
- That’s it. Have a great weekend!